Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (the Terms and Conditions) govern the online ordering of foreign currency to be delivered to your home or to one of our stores for collection by you (the Service).
- The Service is provided by Debenhams Retail Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 00083395 whose registered office is at 10 Brock Street, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3FG (we/us).
- We may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. The updated terms and conditions shall be effective from the date they are published on our website.
- To use the Service you must:
- be at least eighteen 18 years of age;
- be the registered holder of the payment card; and
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- You must only use the Service to order foreign currency for holiday or for business travel purposes.
- You can order foreign currency to be delivered to your home (the Home Delivery Service) or to one of the bureaus within our stores (a Bureau) from which you can collect it (the Click & Collect Service).
- The maximum value of any order, per address, per day, is:
- £2,499 for the Click & Collect Service;
- £2,500 for the Home Delivery Service.
- We reserve the right to amend these minimum and maximum order values at any time at our discretion.
- Fees and charges which apply to your order will be displayed during the order process (except for any charges levied by your card issuer), including (for orders under £499.99) a delivery charge of £6.95. We may change these fees and charges from time to time or add to them at our discretion, but will clearly show revised charges on the website before you place an order.
- Orders will be processed at the foreign exchange rates quoted on our website at the time of ordering.
- We only stock certain values of foreign bank notes. This means we may need to round your order up or down on the online ordering screen to the nearest amount for which bank notes are available.
- When placing an order, you must follow the instructions on the online ordering screen. It is important that you provide correct contact details so that we may reach you should further information be required to process your order. If you do not provide correct details, your order may not be processed. In these instances, a full refund will be applied to your payment card.
- We reserve the right to refuse your order for any reason at our discretion; in this instance, a full refund will be applied to your payment card.
- In exceptional circumstances (including currency fluctuations) market conditions may prevent us from supplying currency to you. In these circumstances we reserve the right to cancel your order once it has been placed.
- If your order is cancelled due to exceptional market conditions we will refund to your payment card the sterling amount that you have paid to us. We will not refund any cash advance charges made by your card issuer.
- By placing the order, you confirm that the details contained in the order are correct in all respects. Once you have placed your order you will see a confirmation screen setting out the details of your order. This confirms we have received your order. Your order is completed when your credit or debit card payment has been accepted by us. Please print a copy of the confirmation screen for your records.
- Because Foreign Currency is a money product, once an order has been dispatched under the Home Delivery Service you cannot change or cancel it. Orders made via the Click & Collect Service can be cancelled by you at any time prior to collection. We, at our discretion, reserve the right to apply a cancellation charge of £10 per order to any such orders cancelled.
- If we refund or cancel your order, you will still have to pay any cash advance charges made by your card issuer and we will not refund these charges to you.
- If you choose the Home Delivery Service, your order will be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day service to the billing address of the cardholder. We are unable to deliver to any other postal addresses for security reasons. A signature will be required on receipt of your order. We will not be liable for late delivery where Royal Mail has failed to meet its contractual obligations. Royal Mail Special Delivery is available to 99% of UK addresses. For details and exceptions please visit www.royalmail.com.
- In the event that your credit or debit card billing address has a centralised reception or is a multiple occupancy building, you should be aware that Royal Mail may deliver your order to the reception or elsewhere. This means that anyone at your credit or debit card billing address may sign for your order.
- We will not be responsible for deliveries where Royal Mail has obtained a signature at your billing address.
- If, for any reason, you do not receive your order please contact our Customer Relations team on 0333 003 7071. We will carry out a thorough investigation and may arrange a replacement order, alternative delivery or refund where appropriate. We may charge you for the replacement order while we investigate the reason for non-delivery or we may charge you for the replacement order when we complete the investigation depending on the outcome. We cannot accept any responsibility for fraudulent acts committed by any third party.
- If you choose the Click & Collect Service, the timings for when your currency will be available for collection from stores are as follows:
- Euro & US Dollars For orders placed before 2pm, you can collect your order at any time the day after placing your order, during the opening hours of the Bureau.
- All other currencies You can collect your order after 2pm, five working days after the day on which you placed the order.
- We may change the delivery timings from time to time and, if such a change will affect your order, we will let you know as soon as is reasonably possible by telephone or email.
- You must pay for your order in pounds sterling. The amount you have to pay is worked out by converting the total amount of foreign currency into pounds sterling using the exchange rate that applies at the time you place your order.
- You can pay for your order using most credit and debit cards issued in the UK (Maestro, Mastercard®, Visa) provided the card is registered in your name and there are sufficient funds available to cover your order and fees. We will take payment on the day your order is placed or shortly after. All details provided must be your own and (if you order via the Home Delivery Service) the billing address must match the delivery address for your order.
- Your credit or debit card issuer may charge you interest and/or fees on paying by credit and/or debit card as they consider it a “cash advance”. This is not a service charge made by us and we have no control over, and are not responsible for, these charges.
5) Foreign Currencies and Rates
- Only the currencies listed on the online ordering screen are available. The exchange rates shown may be updated at any time.
- Please note that if you are arriving in the UK from a country outside the European Union (EU), or you are leaving the UK to travel directly to a country outside the EU you must declare cash amounts of €10,000 or more (or the equivalent amount in other currencies). This must be done by completing a Cash Declaration form (C9011). Cash includes banknotes, traveller’s cheques and prepaid money cards. Cash Declaration forms can be obtained from hmrc.gov.uk. It is your sole responsibility to meet the currency import and export measures and requirements of the UK and any country you may be visiting (the Requirements). Please note that Debenhams will not be responsible for any losses, damages or claims you may suffer as a result of your failure to comply with the Requirements.
- Foreign currency availability may (at any time) be subject to monetary limits, currency exchange restrictions and anti–money laundering regulations. We will make you aware of any such restrictions as early as possible during the ordering process.
6) Anti-Money Laundering
- We are supervised by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) as an HMRC registered Money Service Business (MSB). We take our obligations in respect of money laundering and terrorist financing very seriously and we are obliged to report to the appropriate authorities any suspicions and/or high value transactions without further reference. We may decline or cancel any orders, at any stage, which we believe contravene our obligations under the appropriate Legislation/Regulation.
7) Personal Security
8) Limitation on our Liability
- We will make every effort to process orders placed via this service without any delay. However, delays can sometimes occur due to technical problems or matters out of our control.
- We use reasonable care and skill in providing this service. However, we do not guarantee that access to this service will be uninterrupted, continuous, error free, secure or free from viruses.
- We shall not be liable to you for the following:
- if we are unable to perform any of our obligations to you due to the failure of any technical systems or for any other reason, beyond our reasonable control including among other things: terrorism, war, natural disasters, government action or industrial disputes.
- any damage to your computer equipment as a result of using our website or the Service; or
- for any claims or damages suffered by you or incurred by you as a result your use or delay or inability to use our website or the Service; or
- any act or omission of any third party involved in the payment process or otherwise.
- We will only be liable to you for the direct losses you incur in relation to each order if we breach our obligations under these terms and conditions. If you do make a complaint or claim against us we will be liable to you for no more than the purchase price of your order.
- All conditions, warranties and remedies implied or imposed by any applicable law are expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits our liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees or our agents.
- If any provision or part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful or unenforceable it will fall away and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions or any of your statutory rights which cannot be excluded by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you have any complaints about the provision of this service, please contact us in one of the following ways: call our Customer Relations team on 0333 003 7071; or write to us at Debenhams Customer Services, 4th Floor, 10 Brock St, Regents Place, London NW1 3FG.
- None of the information provided in connection with the Service is financial advice, nor should it be construed as such. Neither we, nor any entity we receive information from, are responsible for any investment or other decisions you make on the basis of the information provided.
11) Third Parties
- A person who is not party to this agreement has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
12) Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. To resolve any dispute arising out of or in connection from them you and us submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.