The Pet Insurance that treats you
Your pets aren’t the only ones who love treats. That’s why, when you protect your cat or dog with our Pet Insurance, we reward you too. And, because we don’t think you’ll appreciate a chew toy or fishy snack, we’ve come up with a rather more human treat – a £30 Debenhams gift card6 to spend on anything you like.
What do you get?
If your pet becomes unwell or gets lost, our Pet Insurance will step in to help (it also has a little something for you too). Here’s what you get:
- Cover from as little as £5.09 for cats and £8.39 for dogs^
- Up to 10% online discount*
- Up to £7,0001cover for vet fees per incident / injury including ongoing conditions
- Up to £1,2501cover to help find missing pets (see our Gold Level cover)
- Up to £2,0001holiday cancellation cover if your pet requires emergency life-saving surgery within 7 days of your departure
- £1,000,0002 third party legal liability cover for dogs
- Help to find a registered minder if you’re away from home
- Bereavement counselling should the worst happen
- Special legal advice for any issues with your pet
- £30 Debenhams gift card6 as a treat for you
Our cover levels
|Bronze cover: |
|Silver cover - |
|Gold cover - |
|Vet fees for illness and injury3||£2,000 per condition||£4,000 per condition||£7,000 per condition|
|Death from accident or illness5||£400||£750||£1,000|
|3rd party legal liability (dogs only)2||£1m||£1m||£1m|
|Advertising and Reward||£500||£750||£1,250|
|Boarding Kennel Fees||£500||£750||£1,250|
|Theft or straying||£400||£750||£1,000|
|Veterinary Helpline 24hr Veterinary Helpline on all levels of cover||✔||✔||✔|
|Pay Vet Direct (subject to vets agreement)||✔||✔||✔|
|Overseas Travel4||30 days||30 days||364 days|
- Defaqto 5 Star rating applies to our Gold policy
- ^10% of customers who purchased a new policy between the 15/02/16 and the 19/08/16 achieved this price or less.
- *Online discount valid for new business policies only and may be subject to minimum premium.
- 1 The cost of treating any accident or illness that shows clinical signs in the first 14 days of the policy is excluded.
- ² £100 excess applicable to all Third party legal liability and accidental damage claims.
- 3The cost of treating any illness that shows clinical signs in the first 14 days of the policy is excluded.
- 4Subject to full compliance with the PETS travel scheme. Non EU countries as defined by DEFRA are not covered.
- 5Death from illness does not apply to dogs 9 years or over and cats 11 years or over
- 6Gift card T&Cs
- Debenhams Retail Plc is an introducer appointed representative of BDML Connect Ltd who arrange and administer the policy. BDML Connect Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register Number 309140). Pet insurance will be underwritten by Zenith Insurance Plc., registered in Gibraltar No. 84085. Registered Office: 846-848, Europort, Gibraltar, is authorised by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority in respect of underwriting insurance business in the UK (Financial Services Register Number 211787).
‡T&Cs apply, please visit: http://finance.debenhams.com/insurance/home-insurance/
‡T&Cs apply, please visit: http://finance.debenhams.com/insurance/life-insurance/
Frequently Asked Questions
We insure cats and dogs.
Yes, you can take out a policy in minutes. Either apply online or just call us on 0333 234 0580. (Calls may be monitored or recorded.) New policies will have a 14 day exclusion period for accident and illness claims.
You can purchase pet insurance for your dog or cat as soon as they are over eight weeks old. There is no upper age limit, apart from death from illness cover. The upper age limit for death from illness cover is nine years for a dog, and 11 years for a cat.
No, your pet insurance policy will not cover any medical condition or symptoms that your pet had before the start date of your policy, or any illnesses that occur during the first 14 days of your insurance cover.
No, any preventative and elective treatments, or routine examinations and treatment are excluded from cover.
Yes, provided you’re travelling to Eire or a member country of the PETS Travel Scheme (excluding non-EU and long-haul countries) and comply with the requirements of this scheme while you are abroad. To find out more about the PETS Travel Scheme, visit Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).
The length of your cover abroad will depend on the level of cover you choose, so please check the benefits table on the cover details page.
We aim to have claims settled within 5 working days of receipt. However, this depends on the complexity of the claim and any investigations that may be necessary.
You can pay your premium in a lump sum by debit card or credit card. Or, if you prefer, you can spread the cost of your annual pet insurance policy over the year by paying by Direct Debit (subject to status, 0% APR).
Your pet is covered for dental treatment as a result of an accident, but any regular dentistry is excluded.
Yes, your policy will cover hereditary and congenital conditions, provided the condition hadn’t been discovered and your pet hadn’t any symptoms before the start date or within the first 14 days of your pet insurance policy.
As long as your vet is happy to deal directly with us, we can arrange to pay your vet direct.
If you’re not satisfied with the cover provided by your policy, you have 14 days to cancel from the date you receive your documents. As long as no incidents have arisen which could result in a claim under your policy for the death or loss of your pet, we’ll refund the premium you’ve paid.
If you exercise your right to cancel after the 14-day period, as long as no incidents have arisen which could result in a claim under your policy, we’ll refund the part of the premium you haven’t yet used. If the amount due when you cancel your policy is more than the amount you’ve paid, you must pay us the difference.
If a claim has been made, or any incidents have arisen which could result in a claim under your policy, we’ll cancel your cover but not refund any premium. If you’re paying by instalments, you must still pay us the balance of the full annual premium.
We also have the right to cancel your policy at any time by giving you seven days’ notice in writing. We’ll send our letter to your address. If we do cancel your policy, we’ll refund the part of your premium you haven’t yet used as long as no claims have been made.
Once you’ve entered your payment details, the payment confirmation page will be displayed. This page is confirmation of your cover, and will give you your quote number and cover start date. Your policy documents will be posted to you by first class post.
If your dog or cat goes missing, please contact our claims department on 0333 234 0580 and we can talk you through the advertising and reward cover we offer.
(Calls may be recorded or monitored).
If your dog or cat is involved in an accident, call our claims department on 0333 234 0618. They will record the details and issue a claim form.
(Calls may be recorded or monitored).
Our claims number is 0333 234 0618 and the opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am-6pm and Saturdays 9am-2pm.
(Calls may be recorded or monitored).
Our pet insurance policies are underwritten by Zenith Insurance Plc
With a Debenhams Credit Card you’ll earn Reward Points every time you spend. We’ll convert them into Debenhams vouchers that you can spend in store. It’s that simple.
24.9% APR variable
Apply nowCredit is provided by NewDay Ltd. Terms & Conditions apply, subject to status, over 18s only.
In store & online at debenhams.com
Points and receive reward vouchers
Spending your rewards back at Debenhams